Naruto Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naruto Role Play

A place for everyone to role play Naruto! Have fun!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about Random Shizz

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

Questions about Random Shizz Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 am

I probably know this...or it's in one of my manga somewhere but I don't remember! When do you add stuff like -kun and -chan and -sama onto the end of peoples names?
Isn't -kun when its a boy? -chan when its a girl? -san for a girl you respect and -sama for a boy you respect?
Back to top Go down
https://sabure.rpg-board.net
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 am

Kun is for males, Chan is for femals, San is for boys and Sama is for girls XP

Naruto-Kun
Sendo-Chan
Shikamaru-San
Izumi-Sama

O_o

I think that's right.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:21 am

Oh! Ok...because I was called Kani-san once, by Neko I think.

I was just wondering so I cans call peoples that Very Happy

I knew about Kun and Chan but i was confuzled about the others
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am

Lmao I'm a lil confuzzled too XD
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 pm

I looked it up...but for San and Sama it said the same thing: Mrs. or Mr.

Chan and Kun we were right about...
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:22 am

Bwahh I dunno X(

I'm confused lmao
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 am

I figured it out, Naruto's story helped me Very Happy san is for girl and sama is for boy
XD yays
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 am

Lmao that tis good XP

And try not saying peoples real names on here LMAO
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 am

Didn't I just say Naruto??
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:00 am

Only because I fixed it LOL
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 am

oh...oops
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:26 am

Lmao it's okay XD
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:24 am

No, guys. I'm here to set stuff strait! -chan for girls and -kun is for boys, like you guys already know. But -chan can also be referred to a cute younger boy. (ex: I'd call Shippou 'Shippou-chan') -san is a politer way to refer to someone, like someone you respect more then just a friend. (ex: Kani, in real life, I'd call you Kani-chan while if I bumped into someone on the street, I'd want to show them respect and call them stranger-san) It's for both genders. -sama is for both genders too, it just refers even greater respect. It's one level in respect higher then -san.

So, to sum it up, -san and -sama are unisex, -sama is just greater in respect then -san. (although -san is greater then -kun or -chan)

Here are most if not all of the honorifics:

-chan: given to friends who are girls, little boys, pets, sometimes lovers. It's supposed to be cute but sometimes if a male says it to a male in a mocking way, he's probably trying to point out that the other male is girl-like (not manly)

-kun: given to friends who are boys.

-san: Polite way to address someone. (Mr. Ms. ect..)

-sama: One level higher in politeness then -san. It shows great respect.

-dono: It comes from the word 'tono' which means 'lord' and shows the utmost respect. (ex: If I was talking to Obama, I'd say Obama-dono)

-bozu: informal way of talking to a boy, like 'kid' or 'squirt'

-sempai/senpai: it addresses someone higher up in the seniority system. Like, the way a new employee addresses an employee who's been with the company for many years. It shows they respect their higher ups. (ex: Tobi calls Deidara '-sempai' because at that time, Deidara had been in the Akatsuki langer then Tobi and knew the ins and outs)

-kohai: The opposite of '-sempai'. (ex: Deidara doesn't use it, but he could call Tobi 'Tobi-kohai' to show that Tobi is lower in the company then he is)

-sensei: the way to address a teacher or master of anything. (ex: I'm trying to learn soccer really well and I look up to my couch as a role-model. I call him Couch-sensei)

Nee-chan: little sister.

Nii-chan: little brother.

Onee-chan: older sister

Onii-chan: older brother

[blank]: It can be one of two things if a honorific isn't used: The person you are speaking to has your permission to address them in a very intimate way. Usually only family, spouses, or very very close friends have this permission. But no honorific could also be very insulting if the person you are saying it to hasn't earned that intimacy. It could be used as a hate term, as in, you don't respect the person enough to give them a title as who they are to you.

I wrote these all out myself and the examples are there for you understand a bit more. I hope this helps. Razz

Last edited by Naruto on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sendo
Admin
Sendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:27 am

Thank you Naruto-kun! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:58 am

*bows*

your welcome. It took me forever to write them all down! Whew! I did a good job. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am

Indweed you did. Indweed you did.

I wish I knew that much about Japanese stuff lmao
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 am

I'ma gwood at Japanese! cyclops

Maybe one day I'll learn the whole language, that's be aweshum! X3
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:56 am

Yes it would be.. but then you'd go around talking in Japanese and I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what you were saying..

Don't lie, you know you'd enjoy every second of that lmao
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:38 am

Who would I talk Japanese to? Random japanese girls who I didn't know? Definatly not. Although I like to shout out common Japanese words sometimes and it would be fun to watch your reactions. But I'd alway tell you what it meant and maybe if I'd say it enough, you'd learn some more too! Razz

I was proud of you for doing goodly in science! Keep improving! sunny
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:19 am

Uh.. you would just talk Japanese, I don't know XD Maybe when your angry.. you'd just start shouting out in Japanese, you know.. like.. "BAKA KAMI!!!!!!!" Or something O_O..

Lmao thank you XP

Don't worry, I'll pass science this semester..

I just can't be too sure on mathematics, though O_o..
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 am

If I shouted 'baka no kami', to us it would be 'stupid god' but translated normally, it would be 'god of stupid' which sound like there's a god in the world who controls all of the stupid people.. O.o

TRY YOUR BEST! *^*
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:30 am

Lmao uh.. I think I meant to put "Ara kami" XP

That's actually kinda scary O_O

And thank you XD

I'll be in a essentials class soon.. O_o..
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:45 am

I dun know what essentials class is.. -.-

I'm stewpid.. Suspect

Either way, if you do gwood in it, I'll go buy you something. X3
Back to top Go down
Gaara
Jinchuuriki
Gaara

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:11 am

Essentials is lower than applied.. which is basically for stupid people Razz

No, I'm stewpid O_o

Lmao seriously? Lol sweet XD

Though, I'm sure I'll probably fail, so you'll end up not buying anything anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Naruto
Jinchuuriki
Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:59 am

You will get better! They will teach you the essensials of EVERYTHING and then you will do goodly!

Please don't fail! Don't fail! Don't fail! Don't faaaaaaiiiiil! If you fail I will chop off the tip of my pinky! I will! Don't think I won't cuz I will! ...ok, maybe I'll just shove pudding in my ears, either way, it could cause an infection! Whoooo~oooo! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Random Shizz   Questions about Random Shizz Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Random Shizz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Role Play :: Out Of Charracter Chat :: Random Chatting-
Jump to: